Being a parent is not an easy task, parenthood involves a lot of knowledge, patience, understanding, and specially responsibility. When it comes to parenthood it is consisting of different stages where in parents will experience the different necessities of a child. There are a lot of must do and must don’t when it comes to taking care of kids especially babies. Being able to plan ahead and be cautious of possibilities will help parents to be prepared. One of the most important traits of a parent is being knowledgeable in taking proper care of babies. Babies are difficult to manage for they are incapable of understanding parents at their early age.
There are a lot of issues when it comes to child care especially when they are stubborn and have temper tantrums. One of the issues that every parent worldwide will experience is potty training. Potty training is one of the most major issues that parents all over the world have difficulties and are struggling for the best and proper way to do the job correctly. If you are among people who are asking themselves how to potty train a stubborn child, then there are some reliable tips on how to potty train a stubborn child that will help you resolve this common issues.
Tips on How to Potty Train a Stubborn Child
1. Decide on a common vocabulary it for using the restroom both in home and public restrooms and strictly apply accordingly – A child is incapable of fully understanding mature peoples vocabulary. The integration of appropriate vocabulary for all the involved terminology used in the toilet. People usually used baby terms such as “poo” and “pee”. However using the appropriate term will help kids adjust to mature people. Stubborn kids should be implemented with precise and stick instruction for them to minimize being stubborn.
2. Choose the most appropriate potty chair for your child – A potty chair should always be appropriate for your child especially the size and height. When it comes to potty training it is important to provide your child with the appropriate potty chair that provides the best of comfort for your child.
3. Have your child become more familiar with their potty chair and bathroom surroundings – When it comes to and how to potty train a stubborn child, it is ideal to always be firm especially in instruction. Having your child become familiar of the things inside a bathroom will help them to understand the purpose of bathrooms. Talk about them where to go when they are experiencing the urge to pee and poo.
4. Unsuccessful experiences should not be taken seriously – When it comes to potty training a stubborn child always be patient and as much as possible do not express anger for stubborn children are likely to adopt anger. It is ideal to always be patient at all times and should avoid scolding and physical punishment.
5. Providing your child with nutritious food that are rich in fiber – Constipation is one of the leading challenges when it comes to toilet training. Providing your child with nutritious food that are rich in fiber will help your child experience less difficulty and struggle during potty training.
Potty training a stubborn child can be a handful but applying the appropriate ways will help parents control and the respect of their children. The important things in potty training are patience, understanding, firm decisions and instructions, and to avoid scolding and physical punishment at all times.